Tuesday 12 April 2011

'Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair' - New Arctic Monkeys single

So the first offering from the eagerly awaited Arctic Monkeys album (Suck It And See - out June 6th Pre-order) is here and I for one am loving it. It's darker, heavier and I love the lyrics. A very mature track from them and really looking forward to hearing it live as I can just imagine it!

A very unusual title which they have revealed came about in the studio as a result of a prank which wasn't followed through (use your imagination here).

The single is available now digitally and on April 16th (record store day) you'll be able to get a limited white-label 7", with formal release scheduled for May 30th.

There are 2 tracks on the full digital and formal releases which you won't find on the album called 'I.D.S.T.' and 'The Blond-O-Sonic Shimmer Trap'.

If you're going to Benicassim you can see them there or at their two dates in Sheffield on June 10th and 11th.

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair by arcticmonkeys

Interview with NME

















 Let us know what you think of it.

1 comment: