Thursday 14 April 2011

Bon Iver announces second album

Bon Iver has announced that the follow up to 2007 album 'For Emma, Forever Ago' is on its way. The new album is as yet unnamed and will feature ten new songs, due to be released some time in June.

Topping the first album which is one of my favourite albums ever, will not be easy at all!

Justin Vernon told Rolling Stone back in March that “Somewhere along the line, I forgot how to write songs,” and that “I couldn’t do it anymore with a guitar. It wasn’t happening.” He's worked with a few people on this album including Colin Stetson, who plays with Arcade Fire and Tom Waits. He says “I built the record myself, but I allowed those people to come in and change the scene.”

Check out this link for the full interview http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/why-bon-iver-had-to-relearn-everything-he-knows-20110323

Teaser trailer for the new album

Untitled from Bon Iver on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment