Friday 24 June 2011

Glastonbury Festival Day One: 24/06/11

Started my day off with Alex of Twin Brother doing an interview on Worthy FM at 9am, before heading to the BBC Introducing Stage for a full band Twin Brother set. A great turnout which seemed to receive the songs well. I heard many talk of being particularly impressed by the vocal.

Next for me was BB King on the iconic Pyramid Stage. Truly moving stuff from the great soul/blues artist. Not anything new but so much passion in this guy's performance backing by the tightest band ever!

Bright Eyes took the Other Stage by storm during a downpour. He performed in a cloak looking rather like a Jedi. He began by tossing vinyl from the stage before getting stuck into a great set laden with his classic works.

Radiohead were my highlight of the day. An epic crowd formed from about 7pm as a guest slot was widely anticipated at 8. Radiohead delivered a strong set of their newer material which didn't seem to disappoint. An unexpected encore brought the enormous crowd to voice, singing along to the crowd pleasing Street Spirit (Fade Out).

I caught the end of a lively performance from Mumford and Sons, but I'll save this one for Thursday when I see them with Arcade Fire and Beirut.


DJ Shadow finished the night for me with a lively set with great visuals as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment