Monday 16 May 2011

The Great Escape Wednesday Night - Rizzle Kicks


The Great Esacape Festival kicked off on the Wednesday night with a pre-escape party. I caught The Mirrors set, which looked and felt very 80's. I really enjoyed it at first but found myself getting a bit lost during the set. Their single 'Into The Heart' was a particular highlight and you can download it now

On before them were Brighton lads Rizzle Kicks who I hear "absolutely smashed it!" with a new band setup. Shame I only got there for the end. They played again the next day at the wristband exchange (Jubilee Square), which thankfully I made it out to and thoroughly enjoyed! A very energetic performance from two very nice lads! I wonder if this had anything to do with the relentless energy drink that was beng handed around, as they were on the Relentless stage.
The boys left Brighton to embark on a long journey north to Carlisle to perform on the Introducing Stage at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend. From watching the videos I can only assume that they have re-named the place Carlizzle! Trust me you will all be getting down with the trumpets soon, but until then enjoy this footage of them at the festival where they were gifted a nice pink bra on stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment